Friday, July 22, 2011

goAnalyze: SDL Trados Studio Analysis Made Easy

SDL has released today an OpenExchange app to simplify file analysis in SDL Trados Studio.

Analyzing files in Studio is one of my least favorite tasks because of the number of clicks involved and the overall lack of intuitiveness in the process.

But today, I'm happy. With goAnalyze (a free app offered through OpenExchange) I can do file analysis by dragging and dropping my files onto the app icon, or I can right-click on my file names and use the context menu to start the analysis. Now, that's intuitive and user-friendly!



goAnalyze was easy to install and quick to set-up, a matter of selecting my TMs and desired output format (there's HTML, Excel, csv), so I was up and running in a matter of minutes.

So, if you're like me and dislike the current Studio analysis process, head over to SDL OpenExchange and get goAnalyze, you won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like it! By the way, goAnalyze is a tool by Kaleidoscope (we are offering several solutions that help you speed up work with many SDL tools).
    You can find us at http://bit.ly/KALEIDOSCOPE_e

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, it seems like this app is no longer available through SDL OpenExchange, any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna, I just checked and it's still there, on page 3, as of Oct 4 2012. The icon seems to have changed to a deconstructed blue and gray box.

    ReplyDelete